My Corporate Law practice consists of advising, assisting and
enabling people as well as established small to medium sized businesses
to help them realise their business plans and
Some of the Corporate Law services I provide include, but
are not limited to:
- Organization of a Business:
- Advising clients on provincial and federal laws as they
apply to enabling and regulating
Selecting an optimal business structure (Sole Proprietorship,
Partnership, Corporation) having regard to a number of considerations
business purpose, scope, number of owners, tax and personal liability
- Incorporation procedures, including:
selecting optimal Jurisdiction (federal vs. provincial)
selecting a registered Records Office
selecting and reserving a marketable company
Agreement, Articles of Incorporation, and Notice of Articles
defining and issuing various
classes of Shares with corresponding rights and
procedures such as drafting Shareholder Resolutions,
issuing Share Certificates, preparing the company Minute
Drafting Shareholder Agreements to define the rights, restrictions and
between the current and
future owners of the company
Drafting company documentation to define the roles,
rights, duties and liabilities of
company directors, officers,
- Maintaining the Company:
- Preparing Annual Filings
Drafting / Advising on legal dimensions of potential business ventures
- Drafting various contracts and agreements (see below)
- Issuing new shares, modifying the Share structure
- Buying or Selling a Business.
- Winding Down the Company:
all resolutions, closing all accounts, striking company from the
- Methods of Corporate Finance:
- Shareholder Loan (debt finance)
- Share Purchase (equity
- Corporate Borrowing.
- Ordinary Corporate Procedures:
- Shareholder Meetings (annual and
- Annual Filings
- Issuance / Transfer of Shares.
- Special Corporate Procedures:
- Alteration of Articles of
- Altering / interfering with Share
rights or restrictions
- Mergers, Amalgamations and
Reorganizations of company
- Dissolution / Restoration of company
from Corporate Registry.
- Shareholders Rights and Remedies
- Relief from Oppression
- Derivative Actions
- Dissent Proceedings.
- Corporate Taxation
Advantages and Disadvantages of competing business structures
- Income vs. Dividends
- Canadian Controlled Private
- Small Business Tax Rate
- Capital Gains Taxes.
NOTE: For additional business services such as drafting contracts,
agreements, commercial leases, etc., please see the Commercial
Law section of this website. For Creditor Remedy services,
please see Collections.
For litigation and other court application services, including demand
letters, please see Litigation.